Another month, another Android security patch is here. Google just released the May 2019 Android security patch for Pixel devices, even though I/O is only a day away from starting. We already have both factory image and OTA files ready to be downloaded for those willing to do some manual labor, or as always, you can sit back and wait for the update to arrive over-the-air (OTA) to your device.
So far, we are seeing new 9.0.0 files for Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL(PQ3A.190505.002), Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL (PQ3A.190505.001), and Pixel and Pixel XL (PQ3A.190505.001). The Pixel C picked up a new 8.1.0 build as version OPM8.190505.001. All devices are getting the May 5 security patch level.
You can grab each image or OTA file at the links below. For instructions on how to flash a factory image, here you go. For instructions on how to flash an OTA .zip file, here you go. To check for the update, head into Settings>System>Advanced>System update.
As more details arrive, we’ll update this post.
- Here are the Next 20 Verizon 5G Cities (Updated)
- Google Assistant’s “Tell Me a Story” Feature Comes to Phones
- Verizon CEO: Galaxy Note 10 Will Have 5G
- OnePlus 7 Event Tickets Now Available for Purchase
- DEAL: Pixel 3 and 3 XL Down $200 on Google Store, Starting at $599