Police in the Netherlands on Thursday arrested a Tesla driver who had apparently fallen asleep at the wheel while driving down the highway. A Dutch police agency reported the arrest on Instagram.
A 50-year-old man was spotted driving close to the car ahead of him on the A27 road. “When we came alongside, the driver appeared to have fallen asleep,” the police said.
Police signaled for the driver to pull over, but he didn’t seem to notice. Eventually, the officers managed to wake the driver up using a siren, the Instagram post says. Police administered a blood alcohol test and found the driver to be under the influence of alcohol. (The Instagram post cites a BAC level of 340ug /l, which—if my math is right—is a BAC of 0.34 percent in American units.)
Read 4 remaining paragraphs | Comments
- Elon Musk reaches settlement in SEC tweet battle
- You may use this website to help pick new tires, here’s how it tests them
- Bosch teams up with PowerCell to bring down the cost of fuel cells
- Report: Tesla to slash solar panel prices by 38% to stymie market share loss
- Family of deceased Model X owner sues over 2018 crash