The annual day devoted to dads is approaching yet again, so it’s time to start thinking (if you haven’t already) about what you can do to make your father figure feel special. In addition to spending quality time with Dad, a gift that shows how much you care for him (and how much you listen to him) can make the day even better.
We’ve combed through our recent reviews, guides, and personal testing to pick out 11 possible tech gifts for Father’s Day that we heartily recommend. Some of these ideas have full Ars reviews available to peruse while others are devices that we’ve personally used, loved, and simply thought would be great additions to any dad’s life. And in case the father figure in your life is the kind who never tinkered past programming the VCR clock, we’ve even included a few picks for the less-tech-savvy dads among us—and those suggestions are better than ho-hum polo shirt or tie gift options, too. Check out the full list of Father’s Day gift ideas below and find what works for you before the two-day shipping deadlines pass us by later this week.
Note: Ars Technica may earn compensation for sales from links on this post through affiliate programs.
- Blackmagic eGPU Pro mini-review: Quiet, fast, and extremely expensive—like a Mac
- Systems with small disks won’t be able to install Windows 10 May 2019 update
- Apple reportedly discussed buying Intel’s smartphone-modem chip business
- Intel stockpiling 10nm chips, warns that 14nm shortages will continue
- Fear the Man in the Middle? This company wants to sell quantum key distribution