Georgia’s Judicial Council and Administrative Office of the Courts is the victim of the latest ransomware attack against state and local agencies. And this looks like the same type of attack that took down the systems of at least two Florida municipal governments in June.
Administrative Office of the Courts spokesman Bruce Shaw confirmed the ransomware attack to Atlanta’s Channel 11 News. The Administrative Office of the Courts’ website is currently offline.
Shaw told 11 News that some systems had not been affected by the ransomware but that all systems connected to the network had been taken offline to prevent the ransomware from spreading. The Courts’ IT department was in contact with “external agencies” to coordinate a response to the attack, Shaw said.
- Cox Internet now charges $15 extra for faster access to online game servers
- Comcast usage soars 34% to 200GB a month, pushing users closer to data cap
- After White House stop, Twitter CEO calls congresswoman about death threats
- The sim swap the US isn’t using
- Probable Russian Navy covert camera whale discovered by Norwegians