LOS ANGELES—”For the last 19 years, we’ve been independent. Then Microsoft came to us and said, ‘What if we gave you a bunch of money.’ And I said ‘OK, yeah,'”
That was the half-kidding way Double Fine Productions (Psychonauts, Brutal Legend, Broken Age) Founder and President Tim Schafer introduced the company’s newly announced acquisition by Microsoft Game Studios. Schafer appeared on stage at Microsoft’s pre-show conference, ready to joke about the new partnership with Head of Microsoft Studios Matt Booty.
“I am a team player,” Schafer said on stage. “Whatever you need from Double Fine we’ll make for you. Halo stuff, Forza stuff, Excel stuff. Whatever you want, we are there.”
- Cox Internet now charges $15 extra for faster access to online game servers
- Systems with small disks won’t be able to install Windows 10 May 2019 update
- The Orville proves it’s one of the best sci-fi shows on TV with S2 finale
- Coding without a keystroke: The hands-free creation of a full video game
- With its latest battle, Game of Thrones solidifies its seat on TV’s VFX throne