Things are looking a lot brighter for Amazon’s collection of Fire TV Edition sets. The company is introducing three new smart televisions made by Toshiba that bring HDR support to the product line for the first time. The displays are also going up for sale at an appealing price point.
The Toshiba 4K UHD Smart TV HDR is an LCD panel that promises a typical contrast ratio of 4,000:1, plus HDR in the Dolby Vision standard. The Amazon product listing doesn’t give any specifics on the maximum brightness for this hardware. As the product name implies, it has a 4K resolution as well as a 60Hz refresh rate.
The largest model is 55 inches, and it is on sale now for $449.99. The other options are 50 inches for $379.99 and 43 inches for $329.99; those will be available starting June 30. All three of the new Fire TVs are exclusively available through Amazon or Best Buy thanks to the unusual alliance those sellers entered earlier this year.
- Blackmagic eGPU Pro mini-review: Quiet, fast, and extremely expensive—like a Mac
- Systems with small disks won’t be able to install Windows 10 May 2019 update
- Apple reportedly discussed buying Intel’s smartphone-modem chip business
- Intel stockpiling 10nm chips, warns that 14nm shortages will continue
- Fear the Man in the Middle? This company wants to sell quantum key distribution