Netflix discussed financials with investors today and plans of a new and cheaper mobile-only streaming option were announced, headed first to India.
As of now, there is no detailed plan to launch this mobile-only plan in the US or anywhere outside of India, with this plan described as, “an effective way to introduce a larger number of people in India to Netflix and to further expand our business in a market where Pay TV ARPU (average revenue per user) is low (below $5).”
Obviously, Netflix plans in the US allow you to stream content directly to your phone, but there is no phone-only plan. This would be a cheaper option than the current offerings from Netflix, something that could be good for those without a TV in their house but may have a tablet or large phone for media consumption.
The plan is expected to go live in Q3.
// The Verge
- Here are the Next 20 Verizon 5G Cities (Updated)
- Google Assistant’s “Tell Me a Story” Feature Comes to Phones
- Verizon CEO: Galaxy Note 10 Will Have 5G
- OnePlus 7 Event Tickets Now Available for Purchase
- DEAL: Pixel 3 and 3 XL Down $200 on Google Store, Starting at $599