- UPDATE JULY 11: Google says that a “very small percentage of devices” were being rolled back to Beta 4 after multiple reboots. They don’t seem worried and have gone ahead and resumed the Q Beta 5 update rollout.
Google just paused the Android Q Beta 5 over-the-air (OTA) update because some users ran into issues installing it.
From the Android Beta reddit, the following message was posted:
We’re aware of an issue with Android Q Beta 5 related to installing updates. We’ve temporarily paused Beta 5 OTA updates to all Pixel devices as we investigate the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience, and will provide this post once the issue is resolved.
Note: this post was edited to reflect that Beta 5 updates have now been paused on all devices.
A similar situation unfolded with the Android Q Beta 4, causing Google to pause that rollout as well. It took 5 days before they were able to fix installation issues and push out a new update.
- Here are the Next 20 Verizon 5G Cities (Updated)
- Google Assistant’s “Tell Me a Story” Feature Comes to Phones
- Verizon CEO: Galaxy Note 10 Will Have 5G
- OnePlus 7 Event Tickets Now Available for Purchase
- DEAL: Pixel 3 and 3 XL Down $200 on Google Store, Starting at $599