As it often does, Apple has released updates for all of its device operating systems at once. iOS 12.4, watchOS 5.3, macOS 10.14.6, and tvOS 12.4 all arrive on supporting devices today.
iOS 12.4’s tentpole feature is the ability to directly and wirelessly transfer all your data from one iPhone to another when setting the latter up. Onlookers are also speculating that it includes yet-to-be-activated support for the Apple Card credit card. This Goldman Sachs-driven consumer credit card will have a number of smart features and iPhone tie-ins, and, per Apple’s announcement earlier this year, is due to launch by the end of the summer.
There are also some quality-of-life and UX improvements for Apple News+. These are Apple’s iOS 12.4 release notes:
- Blackmagic eGPU Pro mini-review: Quiet, fast, and extremely expensive—like a Mac
- Systems with small disks won’t be able to install Windows 10 May 2019 update
- Apple reportedly discussed buying Intel’s smartphone-modem chip business
- Intel stockpiling 10nm chips, warns that 14nm shortages will continue
- Fear the Man in the Middle? This company wants to sell quantum key distribution