There are a lot of things to dislike about Android Q’s full gesture navigation option, but because the explanations for why it’s bad are better in video form than written, I present to you this unnecessarily long video of me complaining.
In this video, we compare the full gesture navigation in Android Q Beta 5 to Pie’s 2-button setup, which is more of a gesture-button combo. I talk about why the back gestures from the sides are a disaster and work against so much of Android, not just slideout menus. I also point out some of the pointless changes that make for more work in these new gestures, where a couple of minor tweaks to the 2-button setup would have given us full gestures that make a lot more sense.
Again, this video is probably too long, but I cover it all.
Google, you can do better than this.
- Here are the Next 20 Verizon 5G Cities (Updated)
- Google Assistant’s “Tell Me a Story” Feature Comes to Phones
- Verizon CEO: Galaxy Note 10 Will Have 5G
- OnePlus 7 Event Tickets Now Available for Purchase
- DEAL: Pixel 3 and 3 XL Down $200 on Google Store, Starting at $599