One of the most interesting demos at this week’s Google I/O keynote featured a new version of Google’s voice assistant that’s due out later this year. A Google employee asked the Google Assistant to bring up her photos and then show her photos with animals. She tapped one and said, “Send it to Justin.” The photo was dropped into the messaging app.
From there, things got more impressive.
“Hey Google, send an email to Jessica,” she said. “Hi Jessica, I just got back from Yellowstone and completely fell in love with it.” The phone transcribed her words, putting “Hi Jessica” on its own line.
Read 38 remaining paragraphs | Comments
- Voices in AI – Episode 82: A Conversation with Max Welling
- Voices in AI – Episode 83: A Conversation with Margaret Mitchell
- Voices in AI – Episode 84: A Conversation with David Cox
- Voices in AI – Episode 85: A Conversation with Ilya Sutskever
- Google Assistant’s “Tell Me a Story” Feature Comes to Phones