Donald Trump has long accused social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube of political bias. On Wednesday, his White House launched a new online form that allows members of the public to report political bias in their content moderation decisions.
“SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS should advance FREEDOM OF SPEECH,” the form says (capitalization in the original, of course). “Yet too many Americans have seen their accounts suspended, banned, or fraudulently reported for unclear ‘violations’ of user policies. No matter your views, if you suspect political bias caused such an action to be taken against you, share your story with President Trump.”
The form asks users to provide their name and basic demographic and contact information. Users then provide details about the content that was censored and can provide screenshots of messages from social media companies about moderation decisions.
- Trump administration puts offshore drilling expansion in Arctic, Atlantic on ice
- After White House stop, Twitter CEO calls congresswoman about death threats
- Elon Musk reaches settlement in SEC tweet battle
- Probable Russian Navy covert camera whale discovered by Norwegians
- SpaceX cuts broadband-satellite altitude in half to prevent space debris