Welcome to Edition 2.06 of the Rocket Report! Happy Fourth of July to everyone, a time when most Americans watch rockets of a different sort take to the skies. We’re a day early this week because of the holiday; and there will be no report next week due to the author taking some family vacation time. See you again in mid-July.
As always, we welcome reader submissions, and if you don’t want to miss an issue, please subscribe using the box below (the form will not appear on AMP-enabled versions of the site). Each report will include information on small-, medium-, and heavy-lift rockets as well as a quick look ahead at the next three launches on the calendar.
Rocket Lab completes third flight of 2019. Rocket Lab’s Electron rocket delivered seven small commercial, military and educational satellites into orbit Saturday after a launch from New Zealand. Saturday’s mission, the seventh orbital launch attempt overall for Rocket Lab, was delayed two days to allow time for crews at Launch Complex 1 to replace faulty components on ground tracking equipment used to support the rocket’s flight termination system, Spaceflight Now reported.
- What to know about measles in the US as case count breaks record
- NASA to perform key test of the SLS rocket, necessitating a delay in its launch
- Fiber-guided atoms preserve quantum states—clocks, sensors to come
- Trump administration puts offshore drilling expansion in Arctic, Atlantic on ice
- The antibiotics industry is broken—but there’s a fix