If you’ve been paying attention to Xbox rumors and announcements of late, you may know that Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass have now been officially merged into a single $15 a month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription plan (which now also includes PC games, for good measure).
What you might not realize is you can upgrade up to three years of a current Xbox Live gold subscription to the new, more expensive plan for $1 as part of a launch promotion from Microsoft.
As Microsoft describes on the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate announcement page (emphasis added):
Read 4 remaining paragraphs | Comments
- Cox Internet now charges $15 extra for faster access to online game servers
- Systems with small disks won’t be able to install Windows 10 May 2019 update
- The Orville proves it’s one of the best sci-fi shows on TV with S2 finale
- Coding without a keystroke: The hands-free creation of a full video game
- With its latest battle, Game of Thrones solidifies its seat on TV’s VFX throne