Hackers exploited a pair of potent zero-day vulnerabilities in Firefox to infect Mac users with a largely undetected backdoor, according to accounts pieced together from multiple people.
On Monday, as Mozilla was readying a fix for the array.pop flaw, unknown hackers deployed an attack that combined working exploits for both vulnerabilities. The hackers then used the attack against employees of Coinbase, according to Philip Martin, chief information security officer for the digital currency exchange.
- Cox Internet now charges $15 extra for faster access to online game servers
- Comcast usage soars 34% to 200GB a month, pushing users closer to data cap
- After White House stop, Twitter CEO calls congresswoman about death threats
- The sim swap the US isn’t using
- Probable Russian Navy covert camera whale discovered by Norwegians