In the last week, two different people have captured video of Tesla vehicles traveling down a freeway with an apparently sleeping driver behind the wheel.
Both incidents happened in California. Last week, local television stations in Los Angeles aired footage from viewer Shawn Miladinovich of a Tesla vehicle driving on LA’s 405 freeway. The driver “was just fully sleeping, eyes were shut, hands nowhere near the steering wheel,” said Miladinovich, who was a passenger in a nearby car, in an interview with NBC Channel 4.
Miladinovich said he saw the vehicle twice, about 30 minutes apart, as both cars traveled along the 405 freeway. The driver appeared to be asleep both times. He wrote down the vehicle’s license plate number and called the information in to 911, but the California Highway Patrol had not reacted by the time the vehicles went their separate ways.
- Elon Musk reaches settlement in SEC tweet battle
- You may use this website to help pick new tires, here’s how it tests them
- Bosch teams up with PowerCell to bring down the cost of fuel cells
- Report: Tesla to slash solar panel prices by 38% to stymie market share loss
- Family of deceased Model X owner sues over 2018 crash