This week, my wife and favorite librarian Paula brought home a new acquisition specially for me: An Innocent to Tame the Italian, a recent book from the Harlequin Presents imprint. Author Tara Pammi’s previous books—which include Sicilian’s Bride for a Price and Sheikh’s Baby of Revenge—share a somewhat politically incorrect leitmotif of foreign sexual intrigue. If you’re wondering: no, romance novels are generally not my speed.
But the back-of-the-book tease for this work declared otherwise:
For brooding tech billionaire Massimo Brunetti, a cyberattack on his company is unacceptable. After tracking down the savvy Manhattan hacker, he’s stunned to find gorgeous genius Natalie Crosetto. Yet naive Nat isn’t the saboteur. To uncover who she’s protecting, Massimo returns to Italy—with Nat playing his fake fiancée! But this untamable Italian might have met his match in innocent Nat, who challenges him… and tempts him beyond reason!
“You had me at cyber,” I told Paula.
- Cox Internet now charges $15 extra for faster access to online game servers
- Comcast usage soars 34% to 200GB a month, pushing users closer to data cap
- After White House stop, Twitter CEO calls congresswoman about death threats
- The sim swap the US isn’t using
- The Orville proves it’s one of the best sci-fi shows on TV with S2 finale