Linda Hamilton is back as Sarah Connor, as tough and distrustful of time-traveling sentient machines as ever, in the first trailer for Terminator: Dark Fate, the sixth installment in hugely influential franchise.
(Mild spoilers for original Terminator and Terminator 2: Judgement Day below.)
The entire franchise is premised on the notion that sentient killing machines from the future can be sent back in time to take out key human figures destined to lead the resistance against the self-aware AI network known as Skynet, thereby preventing a nuclear holocaust that wipes out the human race. In the original Terminator film, the target was a young and innocent Sarah Connor, future mother to resistance leader John Connor. Then came Terminator 2: Judgement Day, or as I like to call it, The Best Damn Sequel of All Time. A second Terminator is sent to take out a teenaged John—with the twist that Schwarzenegger’s original Terminator has been reprogrammed as his protector against a newer model known as the T-1000.
- Cox Internet now charges $15 extra for faster access to online game servers
- The Orville proves it’s one of the best sci-fi shows on TV with S2 finale
- Coding without a keystroke: The hands-free creation of a full video game
- With its latest battle, Game of Thrones solidifies its seat on TV’s VFX throne
- Id Software’s open source shooters get ported to Apple’s iOS, tvOS