Lenovo’s new ThinkPad laptops with AMD processors. [credit:
Valentina Palladino ]
Lenovo is adding more choices to its beloved and iconic ThinkPad lineup this year: the new T495, T495s, and X395 laptops are all powered by AMD’s Ryzen 7 Pro processors with integrated Vega graphics. With the same design and MIL-spec level of durability, these new ThinkPads will give customers the option to go with AMD without sacrificing what they love about the premium ThinkPad lineup.
The ThinkPad T495 and T495s models are 14-inch laptops while the X395 measures in at 13 inches. They will look similar to the T490 and T490s Intel-based laptops announced last month because Lenovo essentially took the same frames and stuck AMD APUs inside. That means they all have MIL-spec tested designs and features like far-field mics for VoIP conferences, Lenovo’s camera privacy shutter, and optional PrivacyGuide screen filter.
The 14-inch displays on the T495 and T459s and the 13-inch display on the X395 will be FHD 1920×1080 panels with touch and non-touch options. They will also have AMD’s FreeSync technology for improved refresh rates and pixel quality.
Read 3 remaining paragraphs | Comments
- Blackmagic eGPU Pro mini-review: Quiet, fast, and extremely expensive—like a Mac
- Systems with small disks won’t be able to install Windows 10 May 2019 update
- Apple reportedly discussed buying Intel’s smartphone-modem chip business
- Intel stockpiling 10nm chips, warns that 14nm shortages will continue
- Fear the Man in the Middle? This company wants to sell quantum key distribution