A new month has arrived, bringing with it a new Android security patch for Google Pixel phones. The July 2019 Android security update is now available for all of Google’s currently supported Pixel devices (Pixel 3a, Pixel 3, Pixel 2, and Pixel). Both factory images and OTA files can be grabbed if you don’t feel like waiting for Google to push the update to your device.
Currently, we are seeing new 9.0.0 files for Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL (PQ3B.190705.003), Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL (PQ3A.190705.003), Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL (PQ3A.190705.001), and Pixel and Pixel XL (PQ3A.190705.001).
The Pixel C has either been cut off after all these years or Google just hasn’t posted a new 8.1.0 image. If they do, we’ll let you know.
You will find each image or OTA file at the links below. For instructions on how to flash a factory image, here you go. For instructions on how to flash an OTA .zip file, here you go. To check for the update, head into Settings>System>Advanced>System update.
As more details arrive, we’ll update this post.
- Here are the Next 20 Verizon 5G Cities (Updated)
- Google Assistant’s “Tell Me a Story” Feature Comes to Phones
- Verizon CEO: Galaxy Note 10 Will Have 5G
- OnePlus 7 Event Tickets Now Available for Purchase
- DEAL: Pixel 3 and 3 XL Down $200 on Google Store, Starting at $599