Consumer and household tech obviously looks quite different today than it did years ago—there’s a significant analog and digital divide, for one thing. Among other things, bridging that gap makes integrating the latest tech with tech from a few decades back a real challenge. But it’s not impossible.
Facebook user Thomas Martin Lewins V proved that last point by getting a modern Apple TV box to work with his gigantic, archaic console television and by integrating analog speakers, radios, and record players throughout his house with Amazon Alexa. He posted a couple of videos online as proof, which Boing Boing picked up recently.
First up: the Apple TV setup. This allows him to view Netflix and Hulu shows on that old TV. Here’s what he wrote to introduce the clip:
- Blackmagic eGPU Pro mini-review: Quiet, fast, and extremely expensive—like a Mac
- Systems with small disks won’t be able to install Windows 10 May 2019 update
- Apple reportedly discussed buying Intel’s smartphone-modem chip business
- Intel stockpiling 10nm chips, warns that 14nm shortages will continue
- Fear the Man in the Middle? This company wants to sell quantum key distribution