Hackers have been actively exploiting a recently patched vulnerability in some websites that causes the sites to redirect to malicious sites or display misleading popups, security researchers warned on Wednesday.
Researchers from security firm Zscaler’s ThreatLabZ say attackers are exploiting the vulnerability to cause sites using unpatched versions of WP Live Chat Support to redirect to malicious sites or to display unwanted popups. While the attacks aren’t widespread, there have been enough of them to raise concern.
- Cox Internet now charges $15 extra for faster access to online game servers
- Comcast usage soars 34% to 200GB a month, pushing users closer to data cap
- After White House stop, Twitter CEO calls congresswoman about death threats
- The sim swap the US isn’t using
- Probable Russian Navy covert camera whale discovered by Norwegians