When Mark Zuckerberg started Facebook in his Harvard dorm room, Chris Hughes was one of his roommates and became a Facebook cofounder. Hughes left Facebook more than 10 years ago, but his time at Facebook earned him a fortune in the hundreds of millions of dollars.
Now Hughes says that Facebook has grown too big and powerful. In a lengthy opinion piece for the New York Times, he argues that the company gives too much power to founder Mark Zuckerberg.
“Mark is a good, kind person,” Hughes writes. “But I’m angry that his focus on growth led him to sacrifice security and civility for clicks.
- Trump administration puts offshore drilling expansion in Arctic, Atlantic on ice
- After White House stop, Twitter CEO calls congresswoman about death threats
- Elon Musk reaches settlement in SEC tweet battle
- Probable Russian Navy covert camera whale discovered by Norwegians
- SpaceX cuts broadband-satellite altitude in half to prevent space debris