The Essential Phone, an old and no-longer-sold Android device with all the promise in the world that never quite lived up to our hopes and dreams because of a god-awful camera and weirdly-put-together components and software, is still getting updates. The May security patch for Android dropped this morning and the Essential Phone is already getting it, just like it does every month.
The update arrives as Android Pie build PQ1A.190105.058. It includes the May security patch, a Bluetooth fix for audio routing, and a stability fix to improve shutdown responsiveness.
May system updates are here with improvements to bluetooth and shutdown responsiveness some of you experienced. Check your phone for the update! pic.twitter.com/t12OA99zmo
— Essential (@essential) May 6, 2019
- Here are the Next 20 Verizon 5G Cities (Updated)
- Google Assistant’s “Tell Me a Story” Feature Comes to Phones
- Verizon CEO: Galaxy Note 10 Will Have 5G
- OnePlus 7 Event Tickets Now Available for Purchase
- DEAL: Pixel 3 and 3 XL Down $200 on Google Store, Starting at $599