If you thought Epic was done adding to the growing pile of PC games exclusively available on its own Games Store, well… I’d like to know where you got that impression. In any case, you should think again, because Epic has announced it will “reveal brand-new material for several games, including some exclusives, coming to the Epic Games store” at next month’s Electronic Entertainment Expo.
The announcement comes as part of Epic’s participation as a “presenting sponsor” at the fifth annual PC Gaming Show during the expo. Epic takes over a role previously held by Intel and AMD at the event, suggesting this year’s show may feature fewer awkward scenes of a chip-maker standing on stage talking about how great their new hardware is. It also ensures a relatively high-profile stage for Epic’s coming exclusivity announcements, following on the company’s own press conference at the Game Developers Conference.
Other confirmed participants at this year’s PC Gaming Show include:
- Cox Internet now charges $15 extra for faster access to online game servers
- The Orville proves it’s one of the best sci-fi shows on TV with S2 finale
- Coding without a keystroke: The hands-free creation of a full video game
- With its latest battle, Game of Thrones solidifies its seat on TV’s VFX throne
- Id Software’s open source shooters get ported to Apple’s iOS, tvOS