Keanu Reeves as a character in Cyberpunk 2077 [credit:
CD Projekt Red ]
LOS ANGELES—After being revealed as a character in the upcoming video game Cyberpunk 2077, actor Keanu Reeves took the stage at Xbox’s E3 2019 press conference to confirm the game’s PC and console release date: April 16, 2020.
“I’ve got to talk to you about something,” Reeves said to a roaring crowd after his surprise appearance. “CD Project Red, a while back, they approached me and asked me to be part of their project.” After describing the studio’s sales pitch about a massive quest, Reeves explained why he joined the project: “I’m always drawn to fascinating stories.”
He then gestured to a monitor that showed a brand-new “live gameplay” trailer, as opposed to the cinematic trailer that had revealed Reeves’ involvement. The latter was a whirlwind presentation of combat and futuristic Los Angeles encounters, along with a hint of a new interface that saw the game’s main character, V, warp from a bizarre, ice-filled bathtub into a virtual, all-white world that looked like a pathway to computer-connected worlds.
- Cox Internet now charges $15 extra for faster access to online game servers
- The Orville proves it’s one of the best sci-fi shows on TV with S2 finale
- Coding without a keystroke: The hands-free creation of a full video game
- With its latest battle, Game of Thrones solidifies its seat on TV’s VFX throne
- Id Software’s open source shooters get ported to Apple’s iOS, tvOS