Jeremy Banner was driving his Model 3 on a divided four-lane highway in Palm Beach County, Florida. As the car approached a driveway, a semi truck pulled out in front of the car, making a left-hand turn from the driveway to the opposite travel lanes.
The Tesla was moving at 68mph (110km/h) and slid under the truck’s trailer. The trailer sheared off the top of the car, killing Banner. The vehicle continued down the road for another 1,600 feet (500m) before coming to a rest in the median.
- Elon Musk reaches settlement in SEC tweet battle
- You may use this website to help pick new tires, here’s how it tests them
- Bosch teams up with PowerCell to bring down the cost of fuel cells
- Report: Tesla to slash solar panel prices by 38% to stymie market share loss
- Family of deceased Model X owner sues over 2018 crash