Valve’s mobile Steam Link app, which lets users stream PC games to other screens inside and outside the home, is now available on Apple’s iOS and tvOS App Stores.
The news comes almost a year after Apple revoked its approval for the Steam Link app to run on Apple hardware, citing what Valve said were “business conflicts with app guidelines that had allegedly not been realized by the original review team.” Apple and Valve have not responded to a request for comment on what exactly changed in the intervening time period.
The extremely basic front-end interface that gets you into a world of PC game streaming.
As we said in our review last year, the Steam Link app works acceptably well if you have the 5Ghz wireless router that’s close to the target device. Even then, you may notice some screen-tearing and stuttering on high-res, high-FPS games that require the most video bandwidth.
Read 1 remaining paragraphs | Comments
- Cox Internet now charges $15 extra for faster access to online game servers
- The Orville proves it’s one of the best sci-fi shows on TV with S2 finale
- Coding without a keystroke: The hands-free creation of a full video game
- With its latest battle, Game of Thrones solidifies its seat on TV’s VFX throne
- Id Software’s open source shooters get ported to Apple’s iOS, tvOS