Anker-owned brand Eufy is selling its very own video doorbell on Amazon now. Priced at $159.99, the doorbell features compatibility with Google Assistant, as well as 2K resolution video.
With the Assistant integration, owners simply need to say, “Ok Google, show me the front door” to get video streams straight to their smart device or Google Home Hub. Have we mentioned recently you can get a Home Hub for just $60 right now?
- Support for both Alexa and Google Assistant
- Free local storage – a Cloud subscription is not required to save and view footage at a later date
- Optional Cloud storage
- Web portal to view your security footage on your desktop computer
- Human detection to cut down on unnecessary alerts
One key difference between Eufy’s offering and something like the Nest doorbell is Eufy’s primary usage of local storage versus cloud storage which can lead to monthly fees. With this model, Eufy utilizes local AES-128 data encryption onboard, ensuring any information passed from device to device is secured. Eufy also highlights 4:3 video, facial snapshot notifications, smart detection zones, and more.
Honestly, this looks like solid competition to the video doorbells from Nest and Ring.
Amazon Link ($159.99)
- Here are the Next 20 Verizon 5G Cities (Updated)
- Google Assistant’s “Tell Me a Story” Feature Comes to Phones
- Verizon CEO: Galaxy Note 10 Will Have 5G
- OnePlus 7 Event Tickets Now Available for Purchase
- DEAL: Pixel 3 and 3 XL Down $200 on Google Store, Starting at $599